This is a guide on how to chat with an SDCI staff expert.
To chat with an SDCI staff expert, follow the steps below:
- Do not type in the text box at the bottom until connected to a staff expert!
- Navigate to https://www.seattle.gov/sdci/about-us/contact-us.
- Click the GREEN chat icon in the bottom, right corner of the screen.
- In the chat window, select Chat with a staff expert.
To best route your request to the group that can resolve your issue, select the service from the list of choices that match your request. If you do not know which selection to choose, select I'm not sure (help me decide who to talk to) and click Next in the bottom, right corner of the chatbox. Please note that selecting I'm not sure (help me decide who to talk to), or selecting the incorrect service, can cause your request to take longer to resolve.
- In the text entry box, please tell us how we can help you, provide as many specific details as you can regarding your request. Doing so will ensure your request is quickly and accurately transferred to the group that can resolve your issue. Then, click Next in the bottom, right corner of the chatbox.
- Enter the Permit Number and Site Address associated with your current request. If you don't have a permit number and/or site address, enter n/a. Then click Next in the bottom, right corner of the chatbox.
- Continue to fill out the form and then click the Send button at the bottom right corner of the chatbox.
Once you click the Send button, your request will be added to our queue in the order it is received. Please note that response times vary and can range from 5 minutes to 1 hour depending on your request and the availability of staff.
Stuck in a loop or simply want to start over:
If you have typed in the message box prior to making selections and filling out the form. You may get stuck in a loop. To get out of this and start over. Simply type "start over" and submit.
What if I can't wait 5 minutes to an hour?
If you cannot wait, don't worry, you can close your window by using the "X" button at the bottom of the chatbox and staff will contact you regarding your request via email within two business days. Your request will not be lost and will be tracked in a ticket.
What if chat hours are closed?
You can come back during chat open hours or use the Leave us a message option to follow a link to a form where you can send us an email request. The link is https://sdci.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.
Open chat hours are:
Monday: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 10:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Thursday: 10:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.